Sandwiches are your best bet when you want to prepare a quick meal. If you add the right ingredients between the two slices of bread, you can create a very nutritious and wholesome sandwich. I like sandwiches that are well-balanced and have sufficient carbohydrates, proteins and fat. Today I am sharing a very interesting and easy recipe of chicken sandwich with mayo.
The best part about this sandwich is the filling; chicken salad made using mayo. It also has with grapes and walnuts in it. The key is to achieve an unruffled taste; slightly sweet and sour with a hint of heat from the black pepper. I love how the sharpness from the English mustard compliments the creaminess from the mayonnaise.
If you do not like mayonnaise, you can make chicken salad with Greek yogurt too. Cream cheese is another option to prepare chicken salad without mayo. Now let’s get started with the recipe of chicken sandwich with mayo .
Find more sandwich recipes here – Best Sandwich Recipes Collection
How to Make Chicken Sandwich with Mayo
- Bread – 4 slices
- Softened butter – as needed
- Cooked chicken – ¾ cup
- Toasted walnuts – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Black grapes–3-4 large, quartered
- Red bell pepper – 3 tbsp, diced
- Spring onion whites – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Spring Onion greens – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- English mustard – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – ½ tsp or to taste
- Garlic powder – ½ tsp
- Take mayonnaise, lemon juice, English mustard, salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Mix well. Add in the red bell pepper, cooked chicken, spring onion whites and greens, graps and toasted walnuts. Mix well. Chicken salad for sandwiches is ready.
- Lightly toast the bread and then spread some softened butter.
- Spread the chicken salad onto the bread generously.
- Pack the sandwich with another buttered slice.
- Cut the sandwich into two. Chicken sandwich with mayo is ready. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe with Step by Step Pictures Below
These are the ingredients for making the chicken sandwich with mayo.
Take 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp English mustard, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder in a bowl.
Mix well. Add 3 tbsp diced red bell pepper, 3/4 cup cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces, 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion whites, 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens, 4 large grapes cut into quarters, and 3 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts. Mix well. Chicken salad for sandwiches is ready.
Chicken salad for sandwiches is ready.
Lightly toast the bread and then spread some softened butter.
Spread the chicken salad onto the bread generously.
Pack the sandwich with another buttered slice.
Cut the sandwich into two. Chicken sandwich with mayo is ready. Serve immediately. Enjoy!